Friday, March 25, 2005

Best Saturday Dining Dream Come True

On Saturday afternoon Andrew finally came down from the mountains. As there are no malls in New York, and there are 1000 malls in the Greater Great Salt Lake Area, I thought it'd be fun to visit a mall, like, say, the Fashion Place Mall in Murray, UT.

First off, check out these sick rims we saw in the parking lot. For a few minutes I had this idea to make a website called "westvalleyrims.com" that would be nothing but photos of cars with sick rims in the West Valley area. But, you know how ideas are, sometimes they stop being interesting after a few minutes.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

First we visited the food court ("The Picnic Place"). Look at how freaked out by the mall people I am!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

At American Eagle they had a t-shirt that said "What Happens on Spring Break Stays on Spring Break." (which sort of is the opposite of the motto of my spring break right now) You aren't allowed to take photos inside of the American Eagle.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here's a little stand that sells fake hair for girls. Since it's really classy, it's named "SoHo." Ah, New York, I just can't escape you . . . not even in Murray.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We took a break and had a seat at Nordstrom and what do you know? Out of nowhere appears Jessica Taggart. Look how happy to see me she is! Why can't you be this happy to see me? (Once again, another magical Spring Break Chance Encounter)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Now we're getting down to business. As I planned the Utah portion of my Grandma Vacation, I thought back to the last time I visited Utah, and how I was able to visit each of my friends for about 10 minutes before running off to visit the next friend. In order to get the most quality time with the most quality people, I decided that I'd have to invite all my friends to a really fantastic place at a really fantastic time. And that's why I emailed everyone in the universe and asked them to meet me at the Sugarhouse Sizzler at 3:30 PM on Saturday.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

When Andrew and I got there, Mary and Jared were already waiting for us and planning their meals!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


One amazing thing that I learned at the Sizzler: Jim Burch has been going there all his life and he always gets the Malibu Chicken!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mrs. Heather Burch, however, loves watermelon. Or some other red fruit. Whatever.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Jared enjoying a little bit of his all-you-can-eat shrimp excitement

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Andrew and Matt

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mary and Jared

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mary and Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Matt and Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Andrew and Matt

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Me and Cheesey Bread!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mitch(!!) and Cheesey Bread!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Jim in Jared's shades.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Everyone (except Mitch). You can't tell it from the photo, but we were all there for over two and a half hours. (Ahem. No, we were not standing in front of the Sizzler for two and a half hours, I mean that's how long we were hanging out in the restaurant)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Andrew and Matt, the Salt Lake So-Solid Subaru Crew.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Success. Full success. Thanks to all of those who came out, all of those who RSVP'd that they couldn't come out, and all of those who have since apologized for not being able to come out, and best wishes to all of those who ignored my email. You might be finding yourself alone at a Sizzler someday. Naw, I'm just playin'.

Honestly, I think I just have one more Utah post and vacation will finally be done, just in time to be ready for my family's impending Manhattan Spring Vacation.

No comments: