Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Best Last Visit to The Gates

Saturday night I went up to Central Park to see The Gates one last time before spending the rest of the night catching up on Mental Disability Law. (That's a class I'm taking, wiseguy.)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I was supposed to meet the Karisa, Josh, and Keri (visiting from DC for the weekend) but couldn't find them when I got there because it turned out we were waiting for each other on opposite sides of this statue. At one point I could even hear them yelling "Brigham? Brigham?" but couldn't see anyone anywhere. Because they were on the other side of the statue. As I said before.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I passed my waiting time taking pictures of things around Columbus Circle

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

But we finally found each other and entered the park. They had big lights set up so that you could see The Gates, because, you know, some people might not have noticed the 7000 giant orange gates throughout the park without a little illumination.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We went over to Tavern on the Green, which was all lit up and stuff.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"Okay Keri, this is how I want to pose for the next photo. . . ."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Hangin' Tough!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

You'd be scared of a King Kong topiary too.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Gates wasn't the only orange-themed art in the park that night. Some troublemaker had placed oranges on every statue along the Mall

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Indian Hunter was the best decorated

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Maybe someday I'll start writing words on Steady Mobbin' again, but for the next while, it's going to be nothing but pictures, because photographable things keep happening.

No comments: