Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Best Excerpt from an Email Received Today

How ethical is it for me to post excerpts from emails from friends without their permission? Hmm. Probably not very. But what if they're funny? I'm sure that makes it okay. Here's some choice lines from a choice email I just got.

Last night I watched the first half of "Spotless Heart," what's it called, "Clear Heart for an Endless Mind," "Queer Eye for the Spotless Guy"... dang it, my brain is not working right now.   Last night I watched the first half of "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" (I literally had to Google search to figure out what I was talking about).  Anyways, that movie is so great (or at least the first half of it is) because about every five minutes it cuts to a scene where he's with his ex-girlfriend, and they're talking, and he says something completely condescending and offensive and she gets all mad. The prime example is when she tells him she wishes he would talk more because she wants more communication between them, and he says, "Talking constantly doesn't necessarily mean you're communicating a lot." And then of course she gets all offended. Man, I just completely related to every one of those conversations.

Please, everyone, don't stop emailing me just because I did this (especially you, Source.) Notice how anonymously I treated my source?

No comments: