Monday, February 13, 2012

The Sudden Trip to Amsterdam, pt. 6: Last Saturday

Let's talk about last Saturday.  The 4th.  

Here's the train station in the morning on my way to work.  Yeah, I worked on Saturday.  It was a serious project!


Co-worker Josh.


Co-worker Ron.


Dutch subway.


Destination.


Worked about half a day and then took to the streets of downtown Amsterdam once more.


Waaaaiiitt a second.  What's that I see?


The little camera shop had a super-rare Noctilux f/1.0 on hand.  I tested it out a bit.  Like with this pic.


Leica Noctilux 50mm f/1.0 


vs. Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.1  See much of a difference?  Better said, do you see a four thousand dollar difference?


So, yeah, there was a lot of this sort of joking around over there.


Had lunch at Burger Bar.  You will definitely be hearing more about the Burger Bar in these here parts.


Co-worker Alex.


Dutch dusk.





Never got any automat food.


Dam square.



Grochts in the Nine Streets neighborhood.



West Church, I believe.







Lots of shops had cats living in them.






I never set foot in a Coffeeshop.  But if I had, it'd have been one like this.


Nor did I take a canal cruise, but if I had, I'd want it to be in an icebreaker like this one.


Can we be mature about it and admit that this sign is a little bit funny?



Began noticing bunnies around town.


Did not see a lot of traditional old-timey Dutch stuff.



West Church skulls.



That's the Anne Frank House on the left.


When I walked by there was barely any line so I took advantage of the opportunity and went inside and learned.


W.A.S.T.E.?


West Church.  Definitely.


I'd like to be able to say I got one of these.



No comments: