Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Best Don't Worry, I've Still Been Cooking

I know, I know, you've been wondering where the pictures of pasta have been for the last few weeks. Don't worry! Here they are! This is new stuff I've made during the last month or so:

Shrimp and Roasted Red Peppers:


Don't let the pretty colors fool you, it was absolutely horrible. First certifiably disgusting thing I've cooked.

Green Beans and Radishes:


Actually, green beans stir-fried with radishes in honey. Pretty interesting, not bad.

Momofuku Brussel Sprouts but With Cauliflower Instead of Brussel Sprouts:


Remember when Jeff and I made those brussel sprouts in February and I went completely out of my mind over them? Turns out the recipe works equally well with cauliflower and suddenly I love cauliflower as much as I love brussel sprouts.

Aglio Olio with Anchovies In It



Once an anonymous visitor left me an Aglio Olio recipe involving anchovy fillets. Last week I dared to put the recipe to work, I knew it would be good because I've had good stuff with anchovies in it before but it still made me feel a little squirmy to go out, buy the jar of anchovies, pull out the little fish filets, and put them in the frying pan. But it turns out cooking with anchovies is fun because they dissolve, and I'd never seen fish disolve.

And the finished product was tasty, but twice now I've made it and twice now I think I've overcooked the garlic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

in order to save the extra anchovy fillets, roll them up, put them on a plate in your freezer until they harden, then put them in a ziploc baggie back in the freezer. then thaw in the fridge when you're ready to use again. how'd you overcook the garlic?

Brigham said...

Uhm, it smelt burnt? And looked burnt?