Sunday, December 18, 2005

Best Leaving of the House

I worked on my EU final from 5pm on Friday to 11 am on Saturday (I fell asleep for a while at some point, of this I'm pretty sure) and then, as a reward, dashed up to 109th street to package up some food at the Yorkville Common Pantry. It was an incredibly well-organized operation and I was just overjoyed to be talking to other people besides my doormen for the first time in two or three days.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So much food was bagged!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

But it's not like all this "service" was entirely selfless . . . they compensated us us with bookmarks (not pictured. duh.)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Longtime NYC amigo Bryant is getting married next week, so I organized something of a bachelor's party which started with a little late night dinner at El Maguey y La Tuna (Turns out they recognize me there now. Yessss!)

How do you get to El Maguey y La Tuna? You walk through the pine forest on Houston . . .

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And keep on going for blocks and blocks.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After dinner we went over to the Sunshine to catch a midnight screening of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK!! (too bad they didn't have a sign with the name of the movie up, huh?)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It was me, Jeff, Jeff, and Bryant. Before the show we explained to each other what was best about Raiders.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Jeff gets to explaining . . .

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

As Jeff and Bryant listen.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Then I say "Hey, listen to me!"

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And Bryant listens to me explain what's best about Raiders. You see, I'm a couple years older than Bryant, and that doesn't really make a difference now that we're both law students, but a 2 year age difference makes a big difference back in the 80s when Raiders first came out and one of us was just barely allowed to go see it and the other was totally not allowed to see it . . . so it's important to explain to people what it was like to have your parents let you go see Raiders but tell you when to close your eyes.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I had the fellows show me how awesome a time they were about to have . . .

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And yeah, then we watched the movie and that was the Bachelor Party and that was my Saturday.

Best Wishes to You, Bryant.

(if you cretins know anything about manners then you'd know that you're not supposed to say 'congratulations' when people get married because it's not like it was a contest)

3 comments:

Sparklebot said...

Jeff Mulcock has the least shame of double chins of anyone I know, as evidenced in your photo above. It's one of my favorite things about him.

Good luck, Bryant!

M said...

Actually, it's proper to congratulate the groom (for getting the girl) and to felicitate the bride (or sometimes even to wish them good luck).

Side of Jeffrey said...

I'm just glad you didn't mention Maria and the secret 10% off we got - oh that was hot. Hot hot hot hot.