Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Best Songs About Feelings

Dear Readers:
Steady Mobbin' has been getting off the charts traffic lately, it seems the best way for me to get visitors is to not update. Well, in order to free up some bandwith, here's some new content. I'm terribly backlogged on things I need to tell you about, with luck I'll get around to it all. Anyway . . .

Last night I went and saw the Kings of Convenience at the Bowery Ballroom.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
It was the first time I had ever gone to hear a gentle band play gentle songs on gentle guitars. At first I was worried I might be bored to death, and during the first few songs I felt like I was sleeping while standing up, but these sensitive Norwegian boys put on quite a show and were rather funny (in the quiet way) between songs. Actual commentary on the actual content of the show will eventually be available in the form of the review I'll be writing for the law school paper.

By pure coincidence, a number of friends (old and brand spanking new) happened to be at the show . . . Amber, Elna, Lexia, Ally, and Scott. And me, of course. But I'm not in the picture.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Also in the house? Mike Myers . . . yeah, Mike Myers from Shrek 2! He was making all sorts of Mike Myers faces and gestures from the VIP corner of the balcony. (That's him with the glowing eyes on the far right)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Need a closer look? Click.

The lighting of the show was very moody. To reflect all the cozy Norwegian feelings that were being sung about.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

You've seen the video for "I'd Rather Dance With You", right? No?! Get clickin'! It's the best. The very best.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This is Sara, Lexi's sister -- she got me started on your blog. It's just about the funniest thing on the internet, so thanks. And thanks for putting up a picture of my big sis...She's nearly perfect, huh?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This is Lexia, Sara's "nearly perfect" sister. I don't really read your blog unless people forward it to me (which people are usually Sara and which articles usually involve me). So thanks to those keeping me posted as well as to Brigham for writing such humorous stories. I suppose my comment should be related to the Kings of Convenience article in some way, so I'll say that I met both Eirik and Erlend from the band...Eirik is truly the most beautiful man I've ever seen in person (and Erlend's glasses are really prescription).

Lauren said...

Ahh. Let us all take a moment and reflect on the awesomeness of all of the Snows...