Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Best PBS Brings the Freshness

So, the way I understand it, Lucky Peach the magazine began as the literary supplement to a video-heavy iPad app of the same name, featuring recipes and articles based on or related to the app's contents.  A year plus later, Lucky Peach is a successful food magazine, but what became of the app?  I don't know.  But apparently all its video content has become The Mind of a Chef, coming to PBS November 9th.



I, for one, applaud the repurposing of this content.  I'm glad the video baby wasn't tossed out with the iPad app bathwater.  I was excited to see the Jamaican cavatelli from Lucky Peach #1 at around 1:20 as it's a dish I've been meaning to make for months and months and months . . . all my Jamaican spices are ready, all I need is the resolve.  I'm curious to see if they'll go on to make a second season with another chef, or if this is just a solution to the problem of having lots of good footage needing to be shared with the world somehow.

No comments: