So, yes. Got back today from an Easter trip home. It was good, it was fun. Everyone got along. No one got lost. Not much happened (just as I hoped) and not many pictures were taken, but the following I can account for:
1. Mom and Grandma picked me up from the airport Thursday. We went straight to Culvers.
Favorite burger in the Chicagoland area? Quite possibly. A deluxe double bacon burger always hits the spot something fierce.
2. Thursday night Mom made my favorite casserole, Chicken Macaroni Casserole.
3. Friday Mom and I saw a matinee of Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D. Hmpf. Nothing too special, unfortunately. What? I expected entertainment, okay?! On the way home we got Johnnies. Pretty much I always eat from the exact same places when I come home, so I switched it up by ordering something I had never had before: the pepper & egg & sausage combo (available Fridays only!) (I also had a hot dog.)
4. Friday night Mom, Dad, Emily and I played Scrabble. I won because I was the only person who kept track of their score. At the end of the game, when it got friendly, we were able to use all but one single tile.
5. Saturday I went with Emily and Grandma to the Oak Brook mall to get a new white shirt. We had lunch at the California Pizza Chicken.
I chose pizza over chicken. And if I hadn't eaten this whole stinking thing I would have had more room for Las Fuentes.
6. Can you believe it? We had dinner at Las Fuentes on Saturday night. Whilst dining I invented an awesome new Mexican treat: the taquito taco!
7. Here's the cat.
8. Kristen came out Saturday night and we all went to church together on Easter. That's a whole lot of Barneses for normal little Easter Sunday, isn't it? Well, truth is we were all in Chicago because Dad was getting an exciting new calling. What calling? I was thinking about telling you later. But you probably know already, because you're my Mom, and you're the only person that reads what I write with each picture.
Here's a bunch of pictures of Mom and Dad. I don't post these because you're dying to see sort of the same picture over and over, I post them so Mom can click on them and make them big and download them and decide which she likes best to keep forever.
(I told a joke)
Normal family pictures resume here:
9. On the way home from church there were dinosaurs in the woods. Can you see them?
10. Easter Dinner!
11. Easter Dinner was also my honorary birthday party, this is my birthday cake. It is not an Easter cake. You're thinking of a different bunny cake. This is the Birthday Bunny. Also, I have trouble smiling, okay?
12. Monday morning: Grandma left.
13. Monday afternoon: Mom took me to Mickey's (an Oak Park institution equally popular with High Schoolers who have cars and Construction Workers jonesing for a Pizza Puff) because they have a rib deal on Mondays. I think she just wanted to find something to keep me busy while she and Kristen talked about being Moms.
I also had one of their Big Mickey double cheeseburgers which I always felt were pretty meh and turns out they still are.
14. And that's pretty much the trip. Just imagine a really laid back five days spent in Oak Park and you'd be imagining my Easter vacation pretty dang accurately.