Thursday, May 19, 2005

Best Quick Thoughts on You Know What

I just got in and 3 AM isn't my most productive time of the day. But let me say this about Return of the Sith:

1) That was one grim movie. But I suppose Darth Vader was never meant to be a sympathetic character.

2) This only has meaning for those who have seen the movie, but don't worry, it's a non-spoilerish thing. As you will remember, at the very end of the duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan, Anakin leaps at Obi-Wan from a platform. But during our screening of the movie, it was like the film skipped or was missing a few seconds or whatever, because it went from Anakin about to leap to Anakin laying at Obi-Wan's feet quite defeated. I can't wait to go back and see the movie (in 12 hours, actually) and with any luck I'll catch a print that has Obi-Wan's final blows left in.

3) That was one grim movie. I don't know that I'll be ready to see it again in 12 hrs.

PS File this under unexpected: the newest Fantastic Four trailer was attached to Revenge of the Sith and it actually looked really good. Batman Begins? Yawn, and I'm sticking to that.

PPS Arrested Development, officially renewed AND moving to Monday nights? What a funny thing to have happen to Monday nights.

4) Ok, it's not as easy to call it a night as I'd like it to be. There were just some parts in that movie, particularly towards the end, where things came together so perfectly. I'm no jerk, I'm not going to say what, but there were brilliant parallels being drawn here and there. Great stuff.

No comments: