Monday, March 24, 2014

Best Long Story Short

One more thing about my trip to LA.

My last night there I went to a taping of Doug Loves Movies, a favorite podcast of mine, where my Tacos hat was plucked from the audience and thrust into the spotlight by Kumail Nanjiani, a comedian you may or may not have heard of and may or may not have seen on TV but didn't realize his name was Kumail. This is a screencap from a Vine that host Doug Benson posted.


Kumail wound up winning the evening's Leonard Maltin Game, which meant my Tacos hat and I won the evening's prize bag...included in the prize bag was the DLM t-shirt (size "Totally Small") seen below. I tweeted it at Doug and Kumail, Doug retweeted, 21,000 views of my tweet followed (I'm not much of Twitter fiend so this definitely counts as the biggest dipping of my toe into those waters). With luck this means I'll see more new friends in new Tacos hats out in the world.


And if you want to hear the episode, you can download it here (look for the March 5th episode). Be forewarned that good-natured profanity abounds. Tacos hat becomes a star around minute 26.

No comments: