Monday, June 14, 2010

Best Partying after the Manner of Diddy

UPDATE: I forgot to say something important--Carol took most of the party pictures for me while I was clicking on my iTunes. Thank you, Carol, for doing Collin's job. And Collin, good job not doing your job. Again.

Saturday night, why am I dressed so fresh?

Because Saturday night was the night of Jamar's completely bizonkers All-White Birthday Party.

Everywhere you looked, people looking absolutely excellent in white.




And if you couldn't guess, it was hot up in that apartment.




Preparing for the birthday toast . . .

Having a good laugh at the toast . . .


Which was delivered, via technology, by Jamar's homie Joe.

Back to partying . . .


And gesturing . . .











Bringing 2007 back







I, like probably many many others, had to buy white pants for the party. I was honestly surprised that 90% of the attenders showed up in white. I assumed it was going to be about 50/50 all-white/dudes in jeans and red t-shirts.


Let me be bold: if you couldn't tell, this party went off. At first I thought it might be the "official beginning of the summer" party (errr . . . in the middle of June) but now I think it might have been the "official end of the summer" party because, well, there might not be any topping it. I just wish I had played Drop it Low for Rustin, but he made due with Tootsie Roll.



This is what it really looked like in there without all the flashing. The apartment was decorated so, so well.

Tomorrow: My setlist from the party. Jamar jam after Jamar jam after Jamar jam.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

White shirt + white pants is a nice combo. Throw on a tie (of any color) and you have a great outfit for church!

Broek said...

WHITE HOT up in there.

I also wish you played Drop It Low for Rustin.

Side of Jeffrey said...

How many baptismal pants did you see up in there?

Brigham said...

That's the don't ask don't tell question of the night, Jeff. Mine were purchased that day, but might be upgraded to more righteous duties if I don't join a yacht club in the next few weeks.

Collin Mapp said...

Fair job, Carol. Fair.

k8 said...

ugh, everyone i know was at this freakin' party and these are the first photos i've seen. stupid living in colorado.