Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Best Party, Best Book, Best Dinner, Best Band

A couple Thursdays ago I went to the release party for my buddy Pete's newest cookbook, "The Frankies Spuntino Kitchen Companion and Cooking Manual" at the Frankies in Brooklyn.

It all seemed so calm from out front . . .

But in back, there was a good deal of elbow to elbow Italian food-celebrating partying going on . . .



Music was provided by Spectre Folk, featuring a Magic Marker on guitar, a Sonic Youth on drums, and a food writer/mogul on guitar.



And to top it all off, there was food. Everywhere.



Taken between trays of delicious pork pinwheels.


First, in front, turns out that's not pasta but a celery root salad. Second, in back, those meatballs? For every meatball you eat you will spend a day thinking about those meatballs. For example, I had two meatballs on Thursday, so I was thinking about Frankies meat & raisin & pinenut meatballs until the end of Saturday. You've been warned (and encouraged).


On hand, mixing drinks? Pete's brother (and my fellow OPRF Class of 95 alum), Jim, the world famous mixologist. (That's a link to him on the Jimmy Fallon show)

Goodbye, Frankies party.


Hello, Brooklyn.


One final item,you can file this under the I Can't Keep it Cool: Maybe at the party I found myself standing beside Thurston Moore and Gibby Haynes as they discussed baby names? Okay, you got me, I did.

3 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

That last comment on this blog is the most important of it all. GIBS? Nice. What would he name a baby? Gibby?

English said...

What were the baby names?

Brigham said...

Gibby named his kid Satchel Moses.

That is what I thought I heard and then the internet told me it was true.