Friday, April 20, 2012

Best Breakfast of Champions

Tuesday we had a donut party at work.  Since I live not too far away from the Doughnut Plant, it was my job to buy the donuts.  I had $70 to spend.  That was seventy five cents less than what two dozen donuts there cost.


But getting on the train with these donut boxes people treated me like I had a stroller.  Getting out of my way, giving me space, pregnant women were offering me their seats.  New Yorkers really respect an upscale donut.


24 donuts spit between 20 participants means lots of donuts cut into pieces.  My favorites?  Chocolate chocolate and the tres leches.


Oh, and for dessert?  Rodrigo brought Van Leeuwen.


1 comment:

Mitch said...

More than $70 for two dozen donuts? I've been away from NYC for too long. Were they worth it? I love the idea of pregnant women given up their seats for you.